Digestive health is the foundation of true wellness!
Our digestive system is where we absorb nutrients from our food, but it also plays an important role in our immune and nervous systems. It is one of the most important systems in our whole body – if your body cannot properly digest and absorb nutrients and eliminate waste products, then it’s nearly impossible to achieve optimal health. When things go wrong in the digestive system it can cause nutrient deficiencies and inflammation, which can negatively affect the immune, hormonal and nervous systems causing auto-immune diseases, mood and energy changes.
Getting to the heart of digestive issues can significantly improve your overall health.
Proper gut function is critical to addressing what can be seemingly unrelated conditions. If your gut is not happy, your body is not happy!
Poor digestive health issues include;
- Constipation, diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Celiac disease, gluten-intolerance
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease: Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis
- Intestinal dysbiosis (gut microflora imbalances or intestinal candida overgrowth)
- Leaky gut syndrome
- Acid reflux / Heartburn / GERD
- Indigestion, gas, bloating
- Pancreatic enzyme insufficiency
- Gall bladder disorders
- Hepatitis, liver congestion or fatty liver (non-alcoholic steatic hepatitis)
- Diverticulosis or diverticulitis
- Auto-immune diseases
- Migraines and headaches
- Weight gain or loss
- Joint pain, arthritis
- Mental-emotional fogginess
70 percent of our immune system resides in our digestive track to keep microbes and allergens from getting into our bodies. If our digestive system isn’t healthy, neither is the gut immune function, making us prone to immune dysfunction.
Laboratory Testing We Use For Your